This list really only has to do with making my house more functional and enjoyable. Josh and I have been living in this duplex for 5 years now, with the intention of moving for about 3 of those 5 years.
We love the neighborhood, hate the airplanes. They fly over so low that you can see the bolts. I hate to think of all the jet fuel I’ve been inhaling since living here, so I don’t.
The place is nice. We have hardwood floors, a small back space, washer/dryer, we bought a portable dishwasher (which changed my life). To make it even nicer I have made a master list of every room from the entry to the back that needs improvement.
I thought I would ask for some help as I make choices and see if anyone has some good advice. I think this will help with my brain chatter of…I hate_______. If I working on improving I think that will slow down a bit.
Here’s the list so far. I haven’t fished ideas for the kitchen and bedroom, but believe me when I say I’ve been working on it.
- hooks for jackets
- basket for yoga stuff
- new small plant
- new fish for fish bowl
- tin or box for fish stuff (food, meds)
- two new pieces of art on wall
- maybe one poster or collage
- new clock
- replace mission lamp with something more modern
- new pillows for couch
- remove towel rack and put up hooks
- remove over the shower organizer make old fashioned towel rack in shower usable with hook system from ikea?
- find a nice tray for back of toilet
- install a shelf above toilet for more storage
- put up gallery frames
- purchase new white towels
- install a curtain so that you don’t have look at the hot water heater?
- organize tools
- get rid of extra stuff
- plant succulents on back wall
- paint back wall
- figure out a plan for down space