I have a large essential oils arsenal now, but I don’t know that it’s a good thing. When I first started buying I wanted everything and I had a wholesale account, so I proceeded to collect. I don’t use everything I collected, in fact my essential oils could use some Marie Kondoing. I have been asked a few times what are my go to, use all the time oils, so I put together a list to share.
Essential Oil Starter Kit
- Lavender – most versatile of essential oils
- Tea Tree – antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial
- Peppermint – digestion, respiratory and anti inflammatory
- Chamomile – calms nerves, good for skin and also anti inflammatory
- Eucalyptus – good for every season antiinflammatory, antibiotic
- Geranium – good for skin, menstrual cycles, helps people feel secure
- Rosemary – headaches, colds, muscles, concentration
- Thyme – should be used in moderation, but is antiviral and helps with fatigue
- Lemon – smells so good and blends well with others, but it’s also good for digestion, skin, and your lymphatic system
- Clove – antibacterial, antiseptic and numbs. plus it’s warming
if you’re feeling super prosperous these are my top 5 $$$ oils.
- Helichrysum (aka Everlasting) – promotes healing and recovery
- Sandalwood – good for stomach cramping, reduces anger, relaxes, and fights infection
- Neroli – smells like heaven, antibacterial, grounding, reassuring, and calming
- Rose – calms, elevates mood, great for dry skin
- Frankincense – helps with skin, anxiety and depression
I buy organic when it is possible. When it’s not possible due to price I buy essential oils that don’t require pesticides and save my money for things that would be heavily sprayed, such as rose.