DIY Fashion & Beauty

Moccasin Love

I love moccasins. I have always had at least one pair. In fact my first pair of shoes were moccasins. My mom has them bronzed somewhere.

I’ve been thinking about adding a bootish pair to my collection or some beaded. Moccasins have replaced most of my flats. They are so comfortable. I think they are good for my feet too. I’m also considering going completely DIY and making my own pair. There are some amazing patterns out there.

images via: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

Colleen
    November 3, 2011 at 9:30 PM

i love them too! Right now I only have an okay pair from Target…But I really want one of those fuzzy on the inside minnetonka pairs…and each of the ones you just posted…and the pair that you're going to make 😉

blake
    November 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM

duuuuude. stop reading my mind. I've been on a moccasin bender lately… I have the Target model (same as Colleen, I'm sure), random Etsy vintage purchase, etc. All to try to reclaim a pair I had custom made in the 70s in Montana. They had beads on the top of the toe, they were soft & awesome. Been seriously thinking of DIY'ing some, too. Please blog it if you do.

Desi McKinnon
    November 6, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Blake: I will let you know. There's some pretty cool Plains Indian kits, which have beading and I have some pretty great seed beads. We will see how motivated I am.

180|360
    November 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Once you make a pair, will you make me one too? Pretty please???? 🙂

Cambria
    November 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

You can buy a kit at the Boy Scouts of America store. There really is a store; it is where they buy their patches and vests. I have a pair of flat moccasins waiting for me the tie together.

Desi McKinnon
    November 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

cambria: i know they have some really cool kits. i'm going for a plains indian style with my own beading work on top of them. might go with ebay, might go my own way. there's this cool leather store down in chula vista…who knows.