- Add to a couscous salad with mint and feta
- Add to salad dressing chop it up with cumin, cilantro, garlic and olive oil
- Add to pasta (as is or chopped) with salmon, capers, parsley, dill, butter and or olive oil
- Add to a pizza with ricotta and herbs
- Add to sauteed kale and garlic
- Serve with fish and chips
- Bake with chicken, olives, capers and tomatoes
- Use as a condiment to anything you want to add salt and acid to
from Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet
8 slices of preserved lemon diced with seeds removed
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
⓵ Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
⓶ Heat ¼ cup of the olive oil in large skillet and brown the chicken, skin side down, on medium-high heat. Don’t crowd the pan. When the skin is golden, turn the chicken over to the brown the other side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is done.
⓷ While the chicken is cooking, in a deep skillet heat ¼ cup of olive oil, and brown the onions and garlic. Once the onions have softened, add the thyme, red pepper, and preserved lemon. After 5 minutes, increase the heat and add the chicken stock. Once the stock has come to a boil, reduce the eat and simmer until the chicken is read to come out of the oven, 25 to 30 minutes. The sauce should by now be very thick and reduced by half. Add the chopped parsley.
⓸ Remove the skillet from the oven. Add the sauce and stir to incorporate the pan juices. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
*Tag* Blake your it.