This list really only has to do with making my house more functional and enjoyable. Josh and I have been living in this duplex for 5 years now, with the intention of moving for about 3 of those 5 years.
We love the neighborhood, hate the airplanes. They fly over so low that you can see the bolts. I hate to think of all the jet fuel I’ve been inhaling since living here, so I don’t.
The place is nice. We have hardwood floors, a small back space, washer/dryer, we bought a portable dishwasher (which changed my life). To make it even nicer I have made a master list of every room from the entry to the back that needs improvement.
I thought I would ask for some help as I make choices and see if anyone has some good advice. I think this will help with my brain chatter of…I hate_______. If I working on improving I think that will slow down a bit.
Here’s the list so far. I haven’t fished ideas for the kitchen and bedroom, but believe me when I say I’ve been working on it.
- hooks for jackets
- basket for yoga stuff
- new small plant
- new fish for fish bowl
- tin or box for fish stuff (food, meds)
- two new pieces of art on wall
- maybe one poster or collage
- new clock
- replace mission lamp with something more modern
- new pillows for couch
- remove towel rack and put up hooks
- remove over the shower organizer make old fashioned towel rack in shower usable with hook system from ikea?
- find a nice tray for back of toilet
- install a shelf above toilet for more storage
- put up gallery frames
- purchase new white towels
- install a curtain so that you don’t have look at the hot water heater?
- organize tools
- get rid of extra stuff
- plant succulents on back wall
- paint back wall
- figure out a plan for down space
180|360May 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM
I make lists like this all the time and tend to find them in various notebooks later on. Many things go unfinished and repeated, but I still get satisfaction in crossing off those things that were done. Good luck!
PS. Did you buy a pocket garden/vertical wall planter for those succulents?
curiositaMay 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM
I keep complaining about my space too…"I hate…" J always thinks I am blaming him! I liked the new turquoise towels in your bathroom. I should make a list like yours, even if I can't get to it for 2 more months!
jamieMay 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM
oh yeah. i have some major lists just like this.
yes, do tell how you planted succulents on the back wall.
it's hard to offer help without seeing the space, you know?